Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

11a My Motive

Physician's Notebooks 11 - http://physiciansnotebook.blogspot.com - See Homepage


11a  My Motive - Update: 23 Septr 2021.  My motive comes from being raised in a science milieu. It gives me a good method to sort truth from non truth. Having a good education and rich intellectual life allows me to enjoy advanced knowledge and to see how happy I have become because I learned to value science and to enjoy the arts. Also it shows me the disastrous, consumer-crazy, overpopulation course the present society is now into.
 Having lived long and with still good memory starting from 1940, and having lived and living in the 2 subcultures (U.S.A. and Japan) and traveled the world (Russia, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt, Ethiopia, Venezuela, the U.K. and countries of western Europe), and having read widely in history, ethnography, anthropology, and in the sciencefiction literature, and cosmology; all this gives me an edge to be a critic of ways of living. Also, a critic of cultures and of Earth's development and its potential destinies. And having access to a non-anthropocentric view, I have no fixed loyalty to a nation, an ideology, a people, a species or the Earth. I simply consider myself a thing of the great nature we call Cosmos, and I first work and plan for my own benefit and then, in an outwardly circular wave, I think I am part of and work for my family, my close community, my species, my planet, and the outer entities.  
My motive is self-helping because it starts with Me but then goes on to include. assisting You, They and It.  I hope it is a motive that, as one-small-voice, will help create a science-civilization.
   End. For next, click 11b Motivation & Legitimacy

No comments: